This was long overdue
Postcards at #byblosfestival
Beirut at #byblosfestival
We’re welcoming the weekend with sharks! If you want to experience the spectacular world of sharks, look no further than the halls of the Museum. Find sharks in fossils, dioramas, and even in IMAX and 3D.
Here are some cool links from the past week:
- Read part 1 and part 2 of Museum geologist’s expedition to “Ruby Land”
- Did you see the Supermoon? There were actually four super moons in August!
- New research gives insight into the long-puzzling question of scorpion tail development.
- Robert Hooke’s illustration of his own frozen urine, from 1667.
- See a video of Dr. Samuel Wang’s lecture on autism.
- The Aztec Sun Stone was a centerpiece of the original Hayden Planetarium, in 1935.
Have a great weekend!
Originally from American Museum of Natural History
Found on reddit
Woman accidentally breaks smiling garden gnome and finds hidden limbless figurine melded inside of it.
Bury the gnome. Dig a deep hole and put the gnome in the hole.
incinerate the gnome. turn the gnome to ash and launch the ash into the fucking sun
Originally from Interesting
They were mocking us for being stuck in traffic